Ocular Science, Inc.
Last Updated: July 8, 2019
- WHAT WE COLLECT.
We get information about you in a range of ways.
- Information You Give Us. We may collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
- Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
- Cookies. We may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
- Do Not Track. At this time, we do not respond to Web browser "do not track" signals.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
- SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- We may share your personally identifiable information with third parties to further the purpose for which you provided such information to us. For example, we may share your information with Square or another payment processor, as necessary for processing your purchases made online via the Service. We urge you to read the privacy practices of Square and other applicable payment processors before submitting any personally identifiable information through the Service.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
- SAFEGUARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION.
The security of your personally identifiable information is very important to us. When we collect your personally identifiable information online, we use reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your personally identifiable information will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers and your use of our Service demonstrates your assumption of this risk. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. We use secure socket layer technology (SSL) for specific types of information, such as your login and payment information. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are authorized to have access to your personally identifiable information. For more information on protecting your privacy, please visit www.ftc.gov/privacy.
- STORING PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Your personal data may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers. By using our Site or by providing consent to us (where required by law), you agree to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country. We will store your personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes of providing access to our Site and related services to you, as required by law, and for the exercise or defense of any legal claims.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES.
We may provide links to third party websites. In addition, third parties' websites may provide links to our Site. Should you choose to visit these third-party websites, you should review their privacy statements to ensure you understand and are comfortable with their practices concerning your personal data. We do not accept, and we disclaim, any responsibility for the privacy statements and data protection practices of any third-party website (whether or not such website is linked on or to our Site). These links are provided to you for convenience purposes only, and you access them at your own risk. It is your responsibility to check the third-party website's privacy statements before you submit any personal data to their websites.
- INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES.
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
- CHILDREN’S POLICY.
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who are individual customers of Ocular Science, Inc. to request certain information regarding its disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request please contact us using our contact information listed below. Be sure to include your name and address. You can include your email address if you want to receive a response by email. Otherwise, we will respond by postal mail within the time required by law.
- CONTACT INFORMATION.
Ocular Science, Inc.
1334 Parkview Avenue Suite 230
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266